Advertising Opportunities on Insecure.Org
If you offer products or services that would be of interest to the network security community, we would be happy to accept your sponsorship. Our sites are popular destinations for professionals seeking the
latest network security tools and information. We have received
favorable coverage and awards from publications such as Info
World, Linux Journal, Wired, SANS Institute, Sun World,
Codetalker Digest, CIO Institute Bulletin, Computer
World, Sys Admin, Network World, and many others.
We maintain the following sites:
All of our ads are managed and displayed through Google's AdWords system. This allows you to start advertising on our sites immediately using the same system and creatives you may already have set up. Google also offers advanced targetting and reporting features so you can select the exact sites, pages, and audience you want, while obtaining real-time results on campaign effectiveness.
Google's AdWords Managed Placements Systems allows you to specifically place your ads on our sites and even specifically choose the placements from the three we offer on each page:
- TopBanner728x90—This is our most premium ad placement. It is the large 728x90 pixel banner which you can see at the top of this page.
- SidebarSkyScraper—This is the tall (120x600) ad on the left sidebar of this page. It attracts attention due to proximity to the content areas and its large novel shape. It is the largest of our ad options.
- PageBottom728x90—This 728x90 ad is the same size as our top banner, but it appears right after the page content. This attracts readers who have finished a page and are looking for somewhere to go next.
To enable advertising on any or all of our sites (see list above), add us as managed placements for your AdWords campaign. The more detailed instructions are here. Google also offers extensive documentation for setting up AdWords campaigns.
If you have any questions or problems related to campaigns on our site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
leave us a voice message at +1 (415) 915-9337 and we will call
Banner Guidelines, and Examples
Even though we aren't currently requiring ad creative pre-approval, we actively remove ads (and block advertisers) who violate our guidelines. In addition to following all of Google's AdWords policies, we have the following rules:
- Advertisements must be related to
network security, and may not mention competing vendors by name.
- Advertisers generally may not use our trademarks (such as Nmap or Npcap) or logos in creatives. We may make exceptions to this on a case by case basis for products which license our Nmap technology or otherwise interact with Nmap/Npcap in a legitimate fashion.
- We do not accept banners
with fake widgets (error messages, mouse pointers, etc), offensive
content, excessive distractions (gratuitous flashing, "hit the
monkey", etc), or misleading text.
Thanks for considering advertising on our sites! If you are ready to start a campaign, visit Google AdWords Managed Placements and let us know if you encounter any problems.